At Nicholas Cosmetic Dental Center, our staff wants you to keep your permanent teeth for a lifetime and this begins with brushing your teeth. Brushing your teeth for two minutes twice a day helps you remove plaque which can lead to cavities and tooth decay. Many of our patients don’t realize that there are a number of proper techniques for effective tooth brushing so here is one we’d like to share.
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Move the brush back-and-forth gently in short strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inside surfaces and the chewing surfaces of all teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh and don’t forget to floss!
If you have questions about how to maintain a proper oral hygiene routine, give us a call. For more information about the services we provide at the office, visit www.nicholascosmeticdentalcenter.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at Nicholas Cosmetic Dental Center in Philadelphia, PA, call 215-279-1193.